In this tutorial you’ll get an intro to Mechanical IK rigging and animating in Cinema 4D as well as learning to add springy type movements using Constraint Tags!
Please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE if you enjoy this tutorial & check out more tutorials at http://www.eyedesyn.com
New to 3D? Watch my FREE Cinema 4D Lite for the 2D Animator series! http://eyedesyn.com/cinema4d-lite
Got an idea for a tutorial you’d like to see? Contact me here:
Check out my other tutorials at http://www.eyedesyn.com
Intro to Mechanical IK Rigging in Cinema 4D Topics Include:
• The differences between FK (Forward Kinematics) and IK (Inverse Kinematics)
• Setting up the correct object hierarchy for rigging
• Introduction to the IK Tag and IK Goals & Poles
• Learning about Freeze Transformations & Reset PSR
• Using the Constraint Tag ‘Up Vector’ option
• Utilizing the Protection Tag to prevent unwanted movements
• Animating springy movement using the Constraint Tag ‘Spring’ option
If you have any questions about Mechanical IK Rigging in Cinema 4D, post them in the comments section! If you create anything using this technique, be sure to share it with me!
Share your work with me:
Thanks for watching!
This was recorded live on the Live Design Stream. To get alerted for future live design casts & get sneak peeks at new tutorials before anyone else, sign up for the Eyedesyn Newsletter: bit.ly/1e22BRG