Why are the dodge and burn tools so underused? What is a fast and simple skin retouching technique?
I use the dodge and burn tool for all of my skin retouching needs, and it can make all the difference when used correctly.
Check out Westcott’s video of me shooting this image: https://westcottu.com/shallow-depth-of-field-in-full-sun
If you enjoyed this video, check out my Academy. I have over 100 tutorials with new ones releasing monthly. Visit https://joelgrimesacademy.com/ to see more!
My Gear: https://www.joelgrimesworkshops.com/gear-review-folder/gear.html
– Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-35mm-f-1-4l-ii-usm-refurbished-l-series-wide-angle-prime-lens?searchTerm=35mm%201.4
– Westcott Beauty Dish Switch https://www.fjwestcott.com/beauty-dish-switch
Gear used for this video:
– Canon EOS R https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-r-full-frame-mirrorless-body
– RF 50mm f/1.2 https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/rf-50mm-f-12-l-usm-lens
– Breakthrough 3-Stop ND Filter https://www.pictureline.com/products/breakthrough-photography-72mm-x4-neutral-density-0-9-filter-3-stop
– Westcott Solix https://www.fjwestcott.com/solix-compact-kit
Music: “COAST” by Density & Time https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoOTOoAbEhY-WD_XhkvJBJg